Sunday, December 04, 2005

 

Blue Sky


Hmmmmm... this is a difficult subject. What is reality? Is what we see truly what we get? But, then again, I think that's just summing up what Sophie's World was talking about. I've contemplated the idea of perception many times before. The reading reminded me of how I used to wonder how you could tell whether or not you were color blind. I mean, to you, the world would be normal. What if I'm color blind, and the blue that I see in the sky isn't actually blue at all, it's just blue to me. That's how I see blue. I could be completely wrong. Maybe it's purple. I wouldn't know how to tell. I see that it's blue, but only because I've grown up believeing that it was blue... does this make any sense? I know that they have tests that can determine whether or not you're color blind, but it's still interesting to think about.

What about cloud watching? I'm sure everyone has watched the clouds at least once in his/her life. If you haven't, then you need to take some time out of your day, go outside, and watch them. It's really interesting to do. I used to do it all the time with my little brother. Perception plays a big role in how you see the shapes in clouds. Maybe I saw a teddy bear, and he saw a fish. Maybe I saw a face, and he saw a shoe. In the end, I think that reality is not absolute, and everyone has their own way of looking at the world. This can also account for a glass half empty/half full scenario. Maybe one person sees joy in everything, and another person sees sorrow. Their perceptions of the world are obviously different. But what do you call it when most people enjoy to be around the joyful person as opposed to the miserable one? Is that perception? Maybe I'm just rambeling....I guess I'll end this now. I hope to see you all tomorrow on a glass half full kinda day! ;-)

Here's to the sky being blue,
Whitney

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?