Sunday, December 04, 2005

 

Fate?

"Because we are not victims of fate- thanks to free will, we can make choices and decisions on our own and direct our own future, determine our own destiny."

What if we were meant to make the choices and decisions we make? We would be victims of fate, wouldn't we? When I was younger I used to hate the whole "pick only one" deal. I know that makes no sense, but if I was at the grocery store for example, my dad would buy me gum but he'd make me choose just one kind instead of all. Watermelon or strawberry?? I wanted both! Or when I had to choose between soccer and crew and couldn't have both... or choosing which book I'm going to read next, or which homework assignment I'll turn in late... the list goes on. My point is: Does anyone have a really easy time making decisions, ever? What if you had to decide you wanted to go out to a movie or stay in and order pizza? What if you thought you were directing your own future, avoiding, say, a speeding ticket, when instead God already knew that you would choose pizza? It would be fate. Sometimes I think of life as a tree. Many branches, many different paths to take. Kind of like those "choose your adventure" books. Everything pre-destined, you just pick a path, hopefully the road less travelled by, the one that makes all the difference... (RF) But anyway, if that was the case, we would be victims of fate.
I don't think I make sense but just thought I'd throw this out there...
Hope you all had a good weekend.
JO
P.S. Congrats to soon-to-be Gators!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?